Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Beliefs, My Story, My Ideas

if i am going to discuss this very personal matter that is Religion with my own personal ideas i think the easyest way to start is to give you a little bit of my background information so that at least you know who i am and why i say what i say.

My name is Rommel and i was born in Mexico, im here currently in Sydeny Australia looking for a better education in Journalism and filmmaking than the one i would get in my own country for a number of different sad reasons. Being from Mexico i was raised as a Catholic man, there was no question who my god was, what my purpose in life was or where i was going after death. all i understood was that i was born lucky because of my religion.

when i turned 15 i started to be more curious about the history of my people "the Mexican people" trying to find an identity for myself i started a journy that to this day it hasnt come to an end and the further i do some research the most confusing it gets. It turns out that most of the national heroes that i learned about in school, the ones that gave us a flag, a national anthem etc, were nothing more than pupets of masonic laws and north american powerful people they sold the country for a couple of dollars but i guess what the school teachers wanted was to have heroes to be proud of even if they were a lie. after all after 500 years of white imperialism in America we understood that it was better to worship a bunch of thieves and liars than a couple of indigenous man and women.

Thats when i started to read about the indigenous tribes of not only Mexico but Latin America and what role did they have in all this and there is where i found my identity. i now realize i come from a country build by incredible indigenous progresive philosophies that put men and women in a same level, and a country so rich in every way but a country destroyed by the greedy white men that came from over seas to bring one of the largest human tragedies in the history of the world to the continent. people that are now in power and people that built a different kind of elite, the elite for profit.
in this stage of my life a million things and feelings bombard my heart and mind. it was as if i was waking up to a surreal reality that was built only of human torment and greed of such a magnitudes that was  unsensitized and washed away through 5 centuries to the point that no one remembers it. No one exept those in the mountains and junglesof the Mexican south east.

the Mayan Women thought me one thing that would change my perspective on life and my reality forever.
they thought me that when the white man came from Europe, they brought their god and jesus christ  with themto teach all the natives to hate themselves and summit to the white man and ever since christ and god have been in America women would never again take the same place as a man since god was one, unique, a man figure, a patriarch and Macho. this shook my bones, how could i have been so intolerant? why have i been part of all this genocide? i felt raped, i felt someone had stolen my inocense and murdered an entire continent in its name and in the name of god. it was a surreal experience
but the quest had just begun and many more discoveries were to be found in the following seven year of my life discoveries that made me understand my blood, my real background, the way my country had let me and thousands of indigenous tribes down in the name of a motherland in the name of money and some borderlines. i felt discusted, i hated god and all his soldiers in earth i hated every religion in the world for mindraping the world into extinction but that wasnt all.
after maby three years of feeling this repulsion to god and everything referent to it i started to read academic literacy about what religion really is, why is it here for and understand and comprehended my enemy a bit more and that hate became to give me an inspiration as it faded away. i wasnt going to live with hate, and i certainly wasnt going to reject everyone that was religious because i was going to end up alone and bitter and my indigenous brothers werent like that and they had to wait 500 years for their voices to be heard , i was sure i could live with it and be happy in the process of healing.

this is why i am priviledge to form part of this group undertaking this incredible positive aproach on religion.  this is a huge step foreward for me. i realised that i can be happy again now that i have no god. its all within me, no god is responsible for my actions or my happiness and succes, i am.  and i would like to share with you in the most respectful way a few thoughts from different famous people in history that were with me and helped me when going through this transition in my life.

thank you guys in advance for your comprehention and  your respect

Rommel

No comments:

Post a Comment